Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The victims/ July 25 #4

This poem is written in free verse.There are rhyme and unrhymed lines with no set meterical pattern. The persona is speaking of her parents break up and how it has affected her. She seems to be glad her father is gone. She portrays her father as an animal when it is spoken those dark carcassess hung in your closet, and the black noses of your shoes with their large pores. There is a methaphor to her feelings when her father laft and when Nixon was empeached. The mood is of happiness that her father is gone and no longer can hurt her mother.
This poem is something I have seen numerous times in my life. So many families break up. In my home my husband is from a split family. I wonder are people better off ending an abusive relationship or do they need to stay and fight it out? I know I was raised with the attitude, you made your bed now lie in it? Who knows!

1 comment:

debwrite said...

You have posed some very good questions, and I don't know if anyone has the right answers. Life can be really tough on kids who experience their parents' split.
2.5/3