Tuesday, July 29, 2008

the road not taken july 25/#2

this poem is written in iambic tetrameter. It is written as a petarcham with the rhyming patter en being abbaab. Frost is illustrating we have two roads which we can choose from in life. One road may lead to happiness and the other to unrest. He enables us to see that taking the less traveled road can make a difference. this is illustrated in the last sentence where he states and that has made all the difference. The tone is of encouragement.
I enjoyed this poem. I know in my life I have had to choose which road I would take. When hard times have come my way I had the choice to be bitter or to be better. I choose to take the path which lead to happiness instead of bitterness. The one less traveled.

1 comment:

debwrite said...

This is such a great classic poem--one that we can all relate to in some manner.
2.5/3