Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Night pg 85 to end

In this section we see the usage of metaphors when the SS compare the prisoners to filthy dogs, flea-ridden dogs. Familial love is demonstrated when Elie begs of his father not to lay down and is being the caregiver instead of the receiver. Irony is seen when the prisoners are wanting to sleep and sleep will ultimately bring about . We also see symbolism when the blankets are referred to as prayer shawls.
This account has indeed impacted me. Would my son be willing to stand by my husband and myself in a time of testing as seen here? I knew of the Holocaust but I did not realize what suffering was impacted upon these Gods children. My heart has indeed been moved and I pray I never will have to experience this type of hell in my lifetime. Please God forget us your people for us a ly and horrific destruction of mankind.

1 comment:

debwrite said...

I'm glad that this story had an impact on you; this is evidence of a truly great memoir. We now have a better understanding of that part of history, and we also hopefully now have a greater determination to be a tolerant and open-minded people.
6/6